Thanks for the replies guys. I always thought that Belkin were supposed to be good hence the reason for going for it.

I found out last night that a friend of mine uses Linksys gear all round his house and is pleased with the performance so I may go that route later this year. I was hoping to spend a little less this year but things keep throwing themselves in the way of my credit card.

Looking at the old thread somebody mentioned the Wet 11 which is the bridge I use. This normally picks up a signal the minute it is switched on and I found it easy to set up. I would love a 2-port bridge that behaved the same way so that I could connect the xBox and the dock at the same time. I believe 3-com have a 3-way but last I looked it was a bit expensive.

In answer to Tony's post, I upgraded the firmware on my Belkin last year which didn't seem to make any difference. It sits on top of some shelves with plenty of clearance although near(ish) a radiator and the room is partially underground and sometimes gets quite hot. Another expense this year - radiator thermostats.

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons