Well, my mind keeps whirring on this even though I said I'd be happy with whatever empeg decides. So, today I decided to throw brute force at the problem in the hope of spawning some fresh ideas:

I bought lunch for 10 people from my company's marketing team and stipulated that at least 1/2 hour of the lunch must be spent on a topic of my choosing. All of the people I invited have seen and expressed interest in my Empeg Car Player, have read the literature Rob was kind enough to provide, and have had a high degree of input in our company's branding efforts (living.com -- ranked 1-3 among e-tailers in our industry, depending on which critics you ask). Most are NOT highly technical people.

I started by explaining that the "jukebox" concept is a major selling point (i.e. the unit is a music archive). I explained that "jukebox" is disliked by the vocal beta owners here because it seems archaic -- given the high-tech nature of the prodct (all agreed). I explained that things like "digital audio" are tired/worn out in the audio world (discussion on this one, but no major disagreement). I explained that this elegant, cutting-edge product needs some simple, elegant, cutting-edge description to encompass/define it as concisely as possible (all agreed). I then pulled out my lifebook and showed the group the high-res rendering of th Mark2 and noted the words on the face of the unit and asked how we could encapsulate the unit's look/feel/function in one simple word. (EVERY ONE OF THEM liked the new design, by the way...)

Here are the top 3 selections that the team came up with, in order of preference:

empeg audiobank (as in databank for audio)
empeg audiovault (ditto)
empeg sonicache (a "blend"; sonic+cache)

Note: "empeg" is assumed to be the empeg logo and was not considered a "word" for the purposes of discussion -- because it was assumed that the empeg logo will be present regardless of the absence/presence of other text

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca