Yeah, if I had Replay I'd be all over Poopli. It's a great idea.

No litigation here. Fortunately this was about 5 months ago, before the MPAA started handing out the lawsuits as well. MGM handled it in a better manner than the RIAA at that time. Basically they caught people, then handed them off to the ISP to deal with as they saw fit. Naturally, ISPs don't want to lose customers, so they (at least Cox) have a "three strikes" policy. I've heard of others getting eight or nine strikes, though

*edit* To elaborate: One day I simply got a scary email in legalize that listed my exact downloading details for two episodes of Dead Like Me and sounded very threatening. However, it also said that they were passing the info to Cox and letting them deal with it as they liked. They did say, however, that if I did not delete the file that they would take legal action (how would they know?). Basically, all Cox wanted was for me to call a special hotline for downloading sinners and swear on my mother that I had deleted the file.

I actually got caught a second time for some other show (I can't remember which one). This time I was a little slower to call, and they actually suspended my account. I gave them a ring and was back up in around 30 minutes. The last time (third time's a "Charm" - haha) scared me enough to stop, and I haven't downloaded any illegal files since.
*edit*

It mainly ticked me off because I got caught for something that is free over the airwaves. Sure, people in countries that don't have the show could get it too, but isn't that being picky? I sort of understand the reasoning behind when I got caught for episodes of Dead Like Me, which could have been downloaded by people who don't have Showtime, but when I'm getting a WB show it's a little more frustrating. It's also harder to make the claim that I can get the show in Hi-Def anyway, because the greatest feature of Bittorrent (swarming) means I'm also uploading to people all the time.

Oh well. I loved BT while it lasted.

Edited by Dignan17 (31/01/2005 00:29)