Quote:
My opinion of the movie (and I'll admit that I didn't pay a lot of attention to the ending due to the two rudest [censored] people I've ever come in contact with in a movie theater)

Yeah, that *was* pretty bad... Oh, Oh, you mean people *in* the theater! Bummer.

Quote:
was that it really thought that it was being subtle and insigtful but that it was, in fact, being very blatant and superficial. Much like a teenager writing poetry.

I think I have seen reviews referring to this movie as an "art house flick" and I don't get that. I didn't get the feeling that the movie was aiming for anything very subtle or lofty, so I didn't have any difficulty overall enjoying it. There were some things that dragged and didn't fit. Strained wine obsession. Are there a Miles/Maya pair out there quite so in love with wine esoterica? Oh, actually I think I've met some of those folks (fill in dogs, children, other hobbies) and they can be a real PITA. And if Miles really was as tortured as he was, would Maya see something in him?

Quote:
That whole tone of the movie ruined it for me. Onthe other hand, I like all four lead actors in the movie, and I thought they did a good job. I just thought the script itself was pretentious and clumsy.

I'm easy. I loved some of the dialogue. I thought Jack was perfect rogue and I loved some of the (predictable) slapstick.

Though I'm not sure it is a movie I'd ever watch again. Those rude people!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.