Hello,

I have a PCAT tuner module. Reception is excellent. I was having problems with RDS not working properly. I discovered that whenever I am able to get the battery icon to come up, RDS works perfectly. For example: Turn the key to accessory, let Empeg boot up, then crank car. The battery icon appears briefly and RDS info comes in fine. RDS will work every single time with this method! If i just start the car up normally, i can get an RDS to show up on the radio (but not all rds channels will show the RDS), won't get any artist/title, can sometimes get station name, and can usually get a clock to show.

I have repeated the above to confirm at least 10 times since last night when I discovered the method. When i first discovered this method, i had set the dimmer to about 40% in the car because it was to bright. When the battery icon came up and everything was working well, it hit me that the dimmer was at 100% again. I have never had the auto light dimmer work on the empeg.

I'm using 2.0 beta 13 and 2.0 final and both with and without hijack. Hijack, I believe, is not an issue in this case. I do not have a power antenna.

Car is a '94 mercury grand marquis that doesn't have any problems i know of. The empeg/amp have always played fine.

Can anyone come up with an explanation for this odd behavior?

Thanks,
woops