My beautiful monitor of 6.5 years, a Nokia 445xpro 21" CRT, has suddenly started having intermittent problems. The monitor stays on, but the picture peacefully shuts off, coming back after a while (or a good whack to the side). I have stopped using it for fear it will become undiagnosable.

Does anyone know any repair options that I might have, in the New Jersey / New York / Pennsylvania area? I've read enough sci.electronics.repair to know that CRT's die when one component dies, and it might not be hard to find and replace that part. But who do I trust with the job? The local TV repair guy? The local electronics shop? An "all brands" monitor repair shop (which I can't find in my area)? Or find a Nokia / ViewSonic (took over Nokia) certified shop (though the one recommended by ViewSonic support doesn't answer their phone and won't return my messages)?

And if I can't get it fixed, I guess I'm forced to buy the monitor of my dreams, the IBM T221 22" 3840x2400 LCD. Or, maybe just the Apple 30" Cinema. Or if someone slaps some sense into me, probably just a consumer-grade Samsung 243T 24" widescreen LCD or an LG/Philips 23" widescreen. Wouldn't that be a shame to have to buy those...

Or, are there any sensible recommendations for a replacement monitor? Sure, the LCDs would be nice, but why not get a pair of 21" CRTs for that price? Are there any high quality 21" CRTs anymore? Thanks for your input.

(I used one of my 9 precious posts before post 1,000, which I'm saving for the announcement of the first produced lit buttons, so you can tell this is important to me.)