Quote:
So is it TomTom you've got? I thought you had NavMan.
EDIT: So has the XDA got a GPS receiver as well?

It's TomTom I'm getting. Navman is going on eBay with the iPaq. I will be waiting for V5 I think. I don't have a need for navigation just yet so I can wait a couple of months or so.

More importantly I need to source a moulded car mount for the XDA (There are a couple on eBay) and then work out of you can use a bluetooth Serial connection at the same time as use a bluetooth hand free setup, if not the GPS will have to go hard wired.

The XDA doesn't have GPS built in, and if you want CF you have to buy a jacket for £90!!! so hardwired serial or bluetooth are the only workable options.

GPRS wise, I have 5Mb traffic included with my current tariff, this ould be more than enough to cover any long trips I would make and checking e-mails while in Bolton

As a mini update, I am impressed with the XDA so far. No lock ups to report so far and seems much more stable then my iPaq. It is a little clunky in places, I am putting this down to the huge amount of software running in the background. Although initially impressed by the camera, it is no so imprerssive when you upload the pictures to the PC.

I have loaded on most of the software I use, CCTV and DVDLobby etc... and it seems to work fine. The extra memory it has is very useful as I haven't even had to load an SD card in it yet. WiFi is a jay compared to the Asus CF thing in the iPaq. Overall I continue to be impressed.

Cheers

Cris.