You know, I wonder if you could take them to court for domain squatting... Especially if they're claiming that the domain is registered in your name, that would be theft of your property.

I'm sure you could, but I'm also sure that it would need someone with money to care enough to hire the lawyers. But if you could get a class action suit, I'm sure it would work.

This reminds me of the guy who cashed one of those "this cheque could be yours if you win our sweepstakes" cheques. The company tried to put him through the wringer in all sorts of ways but couldn't actually legally do anything about it. If I remember the story rightly, he ended up giving the money back just because if they finally found any way to get it back and he'd actually used any of it then he'd really be in deep marketing. Taking DNoA to court would probably be similar - they'd try to harass you in all sorts of quasi-legal ways until you coughed up one way or another. They wouldn't be able to stand the bad publicity, never mind the loss of money.

Oh well...

Paul, who feels that the fundamental problem with the world is that ethics is now a purchasable commodity.