About ID3 tags...
That is a very good point... I am not a good enough "hacker" yet to be able to remove the mp3's from my empeg to another PC, but I hope to learn that one day to do a backup to a cheap IDE drive...

About Napster...
True, Napster is very hit and miss. But, I only download stuff I "kinda" like anyway. I will always buy CD's of artists I truely like... But, one cool thing about Winamp is that you can listen to the songs after you have downloaded a few seconds of the mp3. That way, you can tell if you want to look for another copy. However, I can only "pre-view" on computer speakers, so I am really looking forward to putting the empeg in my car so I can really tell. That is another cool thing about the empeg... you can easily replace the file! With CD-R based systems, you would have to re-record the whole disc after replacing the file!

About track year...
Like I said, it really depends on your music collection. I have no interest in sorting by year, but I can see how some people would. Even so, I have gone through and added year info to my tracks because it looks better in the "Track Info" view! :)

12gig Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com