(typical long rambling intro to the question in paragraph 3)

For years and years, I've wanted to just ditch my job and devote 100% of my time to becoming a club DJ / dance music producer / remix artist. Too bad I was born in the boring (yet lovely) rural New Jersey, far from any dance/electronica scene (well, there's NYC, which I "never have time" to go into).

Maybe things would be different if I was born in the UK, with its apparently amazing club scene and its frighteningly comprehensive techno radio programs. Best I can do out here is listen to Radio 1 (Essential Mix, etc) and Kiss 100 over the internet. It unfortunately doesn't fit my schedule with the time difference, etc, etc.

So, is it legal to download the recordings of the UK radio shows which I see on Usenet so often? I guess this goes back to the legality of taping something off the radio (which I should know by now).

If I ever figure out how PaulWay manages to post his mixes without getting in trouble, I'd love to post my mixes somewhere. Hopefully the UK mixes are allowed in a similar fashion.