OK, now thats a discussion!!
so, the needed location should have:
- bass fishing close by
- someplace that pretty much everyone would drive to
- someplace with a good exchange rate, so the americans can buy lots of stuff, the Brit's can get lots of stuff, and the Canadians wont complain about how expensive everything is.

So that pretty much narrows is down to Canada (or Mexico, but I am not too sure about the fishing there!)

well, to keep everyone happy, I guess we could go central Canada, someplace in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, but then flights there would be difficult, the fishing excellent, and the prices of hotels, booze, and take-home trinkets very, very low.
However, not to slag those locations too much, but perhaps a larger urban centre would be preferential!
I would be willing to drive to Vegas, perhaps Toronto (but that is a stretch, that is more than 36 hours of straight driving)And I am about 12 hours from the west coast.

Thats why I am thinking of Vegas, it's close enough for Western Canada, Western USA, and Southern USA - for the most part. The easterners (no slag intended!) could either fly, and to Vegas its pretty cheap! Or drive, but I would do my best to try and get a few prizes organised to those who drove the farthest (and exceeded their leases!)

As I said previously, this is to gauge interest. If we did have a fairly large userbase of interested folks, I would then take on the task of organising this.
So, to keep nearly everyone comfortable, prices low, synch everyones schedules, we could set this up for late summer, early fall? Say late August or early September ish?

Or has everyone already planned their summer vacations?
Perhaps even in early winter? Perhaps the week before/after Comdex (November)? I am sure Rob and company would probably be there, so an extra few days shouldn't hurt them too much (their expense accounts maybe?) But Vegas should empty out the week after Comdex. (I think...)

Smoker_Man
#080000449 MkII - 36Gb Blue