Computer Vs, Stereo Vs. Empeg.

I am sure by now you are all getting tired of my endless chatter and questions so I'll go out with a bang. I currently have a Empeg player 60G works great but I was checking out some of the new audio gear and I raised some questions again.
I spent two hours trying to convence my friend that empeg was the way to go but with no good hard facts I failed, in fact now I am not sure which is the way to go, all of the options have there Pros and Cons
Looking for some UNbiased input and I am sorry but "because" is not good enough if you could post some good hards facts that would be great.(I swear this will be the last time I ask this) The Cost is not a huge issue for me but I find it hard to swallow a 500 bill to fiberglass in a screen and I lack the ability to do it myself. all of the soultions are in the same ball park and I could sell my empeg for 400 easy so thats not an issue.
Please don't hate meI am just looking for input, before I drop 700 bucks to upgrade my empeg and get a DEQ.

Empeg 60G 450.00
DEQ with sub woofer level control 250.00
Upgrades to empeg 280 (not including a new face if they ever get out of VaporWare stage)
Tuner 200.00
Total 1180.00
Pros
Best UI I have seen
Single all in one unit

Cons
No longer supported (end users now fix all the issues, no plans for anymore software upgrades in the near future
Fewer and fewer are around

New Car Computer
Computer 300
Screen 600
DC/DC PS 200
Tuner 50
Total 1150.

Pros
5.1 or even 7.1 sound
Movies, TV, Games and GPS-Nav
Common parts at any local fry's
Full Color Touch Screen
Engine Diag
Email
Web Surfing
Unlimited add on's
I can fix any computer with an Intel inside Sticker

Cons.
Not a all in one unit
More complex to install
Higher drain on car's electrical system
Mounting Monitor is spendy and the dash monitors are a bit funky looking.

Alpine, Pioneer Head Unit Avic-N2 Or N2 or IVA900
Cost 1400

Pros
New with warrenty
Color
Nav, GPS, DVD
Engine Diag.
Built in 5.1
Built in sub output.
Built in Tuner

Cons.
Cost
Kludgie UI when playing MP3's

(Empeg 3)
VAPORWARE
May or May not ever hit the streets.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/