I'm looking for some cheapish/free, easy to use, website editing software.

We bought one of our friends their own domain to celebrate her ordination as a Buddhist. Now she wants to start putting a whole lot of stuff on her website. To quote from her "statement of requirements":

"Been thinking of all the things I can put on my website... party photos, ordination photos, articles, poems, talks... this evening, sitting in the Boston Tea Party we realised I could do my own on-line guide to the tea shops and cafes of Bristol!"

She is a total newbie, she has never worked on a website before. So I am looking for recommendations on some easy to use website editor software. Ideally it should also deal with uploading to either my Windows or Linux servers. It has to run on Win9x.

I was going to recommend Fog Creek's CityDesk to her, because I have played with it before and quite liked it. However their free starter edition only handles 50 pages, which I think she will run out of and the cheapest paid-for version is $299, which is a little steep (I'd be happier at $50-$80 or so).

I guess another option might be a content management system running on my server. There seems to be a bewildering array of free content management systems out there (I'd prefer ASP/ASP.net based rather than php etc).

Any recommendations ?