I've been searching around for the past two days on here and haven't found a clear answer to this, so I figure I'll ask and hope I don't get flamed ;-). I just bought a 96 Miata with a head unit, amp, and subwoofers already in it.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is rewire the head unit into the aux of the Empeg and wire the Empeg into the amp, but I'm not sure how this should be done. Do I just buy another harness adapter for the Empeg and wire that to the existing one? I'm assuming I can find out on the forums or in the FAQ which wires the Empeg needs to be connected to the harness adapter, but which wires on the head unit will need to be connected to the harness adapter and which shouldn't be?

If you search my name you'll see I've put this in another car once before, though with vampire clips in the previous attempt. Since I've got a few loose connectors on the Empeg harness that I'm going to have to solder anyway and have been reading up on it here. I'm assuming I just make a western union and heat shrink for the connections to the harness. I bought a 30 watt soldering iron, but didn't pick up any flux. Will I be needing some?

Thanks and sorry about the long post.