Since I had my camera in the car again, I thought I'd do a little update as I've changed a few things around since my Empeg went in the first time.

One problem that I found after a few months of having it installed in my car was the handle rattling. I figured I'd just get some new springs off Rob and that would solve it - well, it did solve it, but only for another month or so. The real root of the problem is the way the hooks protrude out of the top of the cage. In my car there is no space for this to happen, which means that the handle doesn't quite 'engage' all the way down when its in the car - it sits about ~2mm proud compared to when it is out of the car. The extra tension on the springs mean they don't last for very long.

But there is a solution, of course. I found some leftover offcuts of Akasa Paxmate "sound absorbing foam" which I bought many years ago to quieten a noisy PC. It is basically self-adhesive foam padding. It didn't work all too well for my PC, but a thin strip under the Empeg covers the unsightly gap above the pocket and also keeps the handle perfectly secure. Bonus.

Another reason, is there is not many pictures around to show how totally amazing Greenlights Stealth Buttons are when in a car with a black dashboard! Check it out:

Attachments
270672-invisible.jpg (2244 downloads)