Can Tag Studio be set up to retrieve tags from the file name?

Yes. You can, as a batch operation, tell it to write tags based on interpreting a filename or folder format. If I recall correctly, it is very flexible, allowing you to specify formats and such.

If so, I should also take care of a unique seperator between tag-data in the filenames.

The only thing you'll need to do is make sure that the separator doesn't appear in the valid tag data. For instance, using a hyphen as the separator but having a hypen in the song title. Is that what you meant?

I don't know how to handle that, it seems that it'd be Tag Studio's problem in that case.

The year and maybe other tags(comment,genre) should be added for full functionality, I agree...

Would it look too ugly to have all that stuff on the web display page? If so, perhaps you could code it so that you've got two links: One with the simple title and one with the full filename as a little asterisk link next to it or something.

Unless that'd confuse a WebWhacker program and cause the file to be downloaded twice...