I have the same car as you and I also used the Autoloads harness for the steering wheel controls. My amplifier is fairly small so I have it wrapped in foam so that it sits firmly behind the glovebox without rattling. I also wrapped the tuner and other bulky items in foam to prevent them from rattling too and it works pretty well.

I installed a sub in the boot and it was relatively straightforward. I removed the footwell kick panel and the plastic sill cover along the length of car to install the wiring. The tricky part was routing the cabling between the inner rear wheelarch and the cosmetic plastic covering.

Quote:
The steering wheel controls were reversed at first (up was down, both for volume and tracks) but that was easily sorted in config.ini.
The Autoleads bits work perfectly by the way...

I've always assumed that there may be a fault with my Autoloeads adapter. Basically, only 2 of the 6 steering wheel buttons reliably return codes for a long button press. It seems to take about 1 second for the analogue voltage to stabilize when making a long press. To get to the stage where 4 of the 6 buttons worked reliably, I had to add a load resistor and a stabilizing capacitor. Of course, I have to use custom hex button codes to map the buttons to empeg functions.

I kindof regret buying the Autoleads adaptor 2nd hand from eBay, I guess that I should go and buy a new one and see what difference that makes - after all, I presume that I can simply return it if it makes no difference.