I recently wanted to upgrade my Mk2a (running 2.00 final) by adding a 100 GB drive. I started by manually partitioning and formatting the new drive as per Roger's instructions. Then I manually copied over the fids from both of my existing drives (40 GB and 10 GB) and performed a manual fsck and database rebuild. No problems.

The next thing I did was to add a bunch of tracks using jemplode 70 under Linux. The tracks seemed to transfer, but jemplode gave an error after the tracks were transfered and right when it was trying to write the database. I am at about 14,000 tracks which, I am assuming translates to more than 28,000 fids.

Now when I try to manually build the database, with swap enabled, I get a "no_memory error" Hijack error. I am currently running Hijack 440 modded for ext3. The serial connection shows the following error:
VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for player..."

Any suggestions? Am I running into limitations of having only 16 MB of RAM? Would increasing my RAM help? If so, which of the two methods is recommended (i.e. piggyback vs. pca's memory board)?