Quote:
I used to be resolutely, nay, rabidly against downloading or otherwise acquiring music without payment (just do a search for my posts with key word piracy) but since the RIAA began their draconian and tyrannical persecutions, since Sony began installing rootkit viruses on my computer, since I am now being treated as a thief when I buy CDs and DVDs (with DRM and mandatory warnings)... I say FSCK them!

I don't disagree and I'm no fan of the RIAA. I really like music. A lot. Many times the quality of downloaded music is garbage... not to mention the tagging. I buy music on physical media because of this (I rip into FLAC then transcode into LAME -extreme MP3s). I also like having the artwork.

Truthfully, the RIAA almost never sees any money from me. I buy almost all my CDs from half.com and 75% of the time they're promos. Most of the other time they're used. I just bought 5 CDs today for about $40 (inclusive of shipping) and I think all of them were either gold-stamped promos or UPC punched.