Quote:
I thnk that having access to the current running order from khttpd on the empeg would be a Good Thing(tm), and I'm willing to add such to Hijack.

Awesome!

Quote:
I'm thinking of perhaps a "playlist" view, similar in formatting/XML to existing Hijack playlist views, except this one is special for the current running order.

It can be formatted in any way. In the zip file I attached above I included sample output for how I formatted the output. As long as it's XML it doesn't matter too much, just as long as all the data is there. The only differences from the playlist view is that each track in the running order has a track number.

Quote:
I wonder if it should only show the next "n" tracks, though, where "n" is TBD or a parameter?

A parameter I think would be best. That way you request and get back the exact number of tracks you need. Since you have to get the tags from disk for each track it probably cuts down on disk I/O, too. It would be preferable also to be able to show x tracks before the current track, to show a Now and Next view. "Give me X tracks starting at track T" would be best, that way we could scroll forward and backwards through the entire running order (could be slow, though).

My intention for the web interface would be to only update the running order on screen if A. The current track changes or B. The total running order length changes. This makes it so I only have to monitor /proc/empeg_notify for state changes and probably update the running order list only once per song. If an insert/append/enqueue/replace happens, this would trigger an update because the running order length would change, but a tweak order would not (unless it happens through the web interface).

This would rock, Mark! If you add this to Hijack, I'll make you your "entire remote" web interface widget.