I try

The telemetry works pretty well, although it's only a crute prototype. At the time the video was made the instrumentation for the voltage, current, rpm, and artificial horizon wasn't connected so they remain static. There's also a bug in the gps position, as I changed the packet format for the transmitter end and forgot to change the code on the receiver

I'm pretty pleased with the genlock circuit that does the live overlay, though. The graphics come from a small ARM7500 board I did a while ago, and work very well, although the power consumption is high and it's only mono analogue overlay.

I'm designing a new overlay system that does full colour, in the digital domain, so the quality is much better. Don't have a lot of time for it at the moment, but as soon as the current round of work is done I'll be getting back into it. Some of the UAV stuff I've got on the drawing board or half-built is fairly cool, if you're into robotic tracking antenna arrays and fly-by-wire systems at least!

Now if only I could find someone who wanted to buy some, so I could get back a little of the stupid amount I've put into the project over the last ten years

By the way, below is a picture of the latest camera plane. 2.1 meter wingspan, 3.5kg flying weight, 105 Wh 24V power system, 680W brushless motor (nearly 1 HP, capable of up to 1.5 continuous, 2 peak).

pca

Attachments
276418-piper.jpg (148 downloads)