Quote:
Does that player support dvd playback with dvd menus?

It does if you put the DVD in the disc drawer.

No, but many dvds startup with FBI warnings, previews, or just plain long intros before you can select what you want. I rip things using AutoGK to XVID at a very high quality setting with the soundtracks of choice, DTS and 5.1 DD both work. It even supports having more than one. I make each episode, extra, or feature its own avi file put it in an appropriate directory structure and I don't miss the menus. The ReadyNAS is it's own uPnP server so I don't have to run any server software on my workstation. Buffalo's own Terastation does this too, but it is software not hardware raid-5, doesn't use SATA drives and definitely is not as fast as the ReadyNAS. I have a terastation too and it works fine, I just think the ReadyNAS is a better unit. I like the ReadyNAS's uPnP interface better too. Both drill down into directories, but with the terastation you have to select first whether you want a picture, video, or music. The ReadyNAS just drills down and if you click on a picture it views it, if you click on music it plays it, if you click on a video it shows it. The terastation will tell you invalid file format if you click on an mp3 file and you had selected pictures.