Doug: My wife asked me to ask you what breed of dog that is. She thinks it's adorable.

It is a miniature poodle, his name is Akela, he is four years old, we are his third (at least) owners.

I brought him to work with me today, and by astonishing coincidence... one of the cow-orkers looked at him, pointed and said, "That's Casey! That used to be my dog!" And indeed, he was Casey before we renamed him Akela. (Cow-orker had to give him away because Casey/Akela didn't co-exist well with other dogs in the house. (He gets along just fine with our three cats.) Previous two owners said he didn't do well with children.) He is a very well behaved dog, at least in his present dog-less, child-less environment. We feed the cats and Akela table scraps (tiny tastes of people-food, not really feeding) and Akela will patiently wait his turn when we feed the cats first. He never barks, comes when he is called, and will play fetch and keepaway with his miniature tennis ball for as long as anybody has the energy to keep throwing it and chasing him.

Bonus points to the first one who knows what "Akela" refers to.

tanstaafl.