Synergy, what do you think of the HSU sub? I came across his subs while looking for one for my Home Theater system. He gets UNBELIEVEABLE raves about his subs. His high end one can be had for like $1000, and supposedly sounds as good or better than $3000 subs. He also has a boxed sub that is only like $350, and supposedly sounds as good as $1000 subs. The old model had a couple of complaints, but I hear the new model is even better.

It's really VERY good for the cost. Actually, let me re-state that. It's really very good period. For the cost, it's unbelievable. SQ IS Hsu's thing. SPL is his other thing. I've got mine in a (now disconnected) box of my own construction. As long as you give it the space it wants, and some clean power and signal, it's going to sound good. However, it's not for show, and it doesn't have a "name" like JL. It's black, and there are no markings on it. The frame is functional, not flashy. So... If you are going to compete, it's probably not for you. If you like music, I highly recommend them. Given the price I paid for mine, I REALLY REALLY recommend them.

In my Integra, it performed better than anything else I had heard. My ex-roommate spent 3-4 times as much on his dual 12 setup, and after comparing the two cars... Well, he eventually shook it off, after his ride was jacked. In three+ years, I pounded the hell out of that sub, and it was still going strong and accurate when I pulled it from the 'Teg. Now, the hatchback design definitely helped the sub out, but I'd still highly recommend it, IF you can give it the air it needs for a box.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to redo the box, get a dedicated sub amp, and put it in the house, replacing my existing sub in the home theatre... I'm thinking yes.

If HSU says that his home sub at 250 is as good as someone else's $1000 sub, I personally think he's being a bit modest. He doesn't advertise (that I know of), and his overhead is really quite low. When I ordered mine over the phone, I had extreme doubts of it's being delivered, based on the call. Unfounded worry, but he really does spend just about everything on design. There isn't any fluff that I could see.