Tony said: If the Sony unit has an Aux input of its own, you could wire them the other way around

I gave that just a moment's thought, but decided I didn't want to give up my 20-band parametric equalizer when I played CDs, which admittedly isn't often. Consider also that the 99.44% of the time that you play the music from the empeg, you will be running the empeg's signal through the additional (and unnecessary) signal processing of the Sony deck before it gets to the amplifiers/speakers, and the Sony will have to be powered up for the empeg to work.

On the other hand... if the Sony feeds the empeg Aux In, then when the empeg is out of the car, you have no music.

Tony said: Another way of handling it would be to wire BOTH units directly to the amplifier via an A/B switch of some kind.

I thought about doing just that, until I talked to my installer who is very knowledgeable about car audio. He talked me out of it very quickly, with the same arguments that Smoker_Man stated -- there would almost certainly be a lot of noise introduced into the system.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"