My EMPEG serial number is 090000611. At home and at work, I have the same setup. Only difference is the PC that I run EMPLODE on. At work, I can sync 650MB of mp3s without any problems. At home, I get through about 15 or less songs and it gives me a synch error at stage 5, 0xffffffff Operation not permitted.

Both PCs run Win2k Server with latest patches, etc. Work has 128MB RAM, Home has 256MB. Work has a dual XEON 550 CPU, Home has AMD TBird 800. I use the same model hub (DLINK 10/100 auto switch) to connect everything. Work has a 3Com FastEtherlink, Home has a DLINK 530TX and both are 10/100. No other apps are running on Home but at Work I run Outlook, MSIE, Explorer, VC++, AOL IM, etc. and have no problems whatsoever.

This happened in 1.01.

Now, EMPEG has 1.02 loaded. and EMPLODE is 1.02. I did get a message from Mike Crowe about whether this was fixed in 1.02 and I just recently replied back saying it was not.

Just wondering if anyone else has problems like this? USB works fine but I would prefer ethernet as I have two PCs and I just want to leave my EMPEG in its rack when I am home and not move it to whatever PC I am working on. My EMPEG has its place in my HTS which is downstairs and my PCs are upstairs. Distance is not an issue as it was all wired by me and I did all manner of tests (continuity, bitrate, etc). I can easily connect my laptop downstairs instead of EMPEG and have no trouble going out to the Internet, etc.

Squid2k1
---
18GB of Green Mk II Fury - Fast As A Shark