Quote:
Most are MP3 files, while some are AAC. So yes, the empeg would be able to have the MP3 ones transferred manually to it to listen to them. Though I think the poster was wishing for a more automated way.

Exactly! Something like starting emplode/jemplode (or a specialized app) and then automatically updating the subscribed podcasts on the empeg.
The podcasts would then be in a separate playlist called podcasts and could be played just like any other tune. In my eyes, that would be a significant improvement of the empeg!

Of course I can also update the podcasts with iTunes, then dig through the folders to find the mp3 files, copy them to the empeg, sync and listen to them in the car.
But while that's safer than handling the iPod in the car, I'm sure it's obvious that it's nowhere near as slick!

For example, before podcatss were integrated into iTunes, there was iPodder. IIRC that was an open source project (if not, I'm sure there were more podcast clients). Why not use that technology, include empeg sync capability instead of iPod synching and we're good to go. Doesn't sound too difficult, or is it? Maybe rentacoder.com is the way to go?

Edited by bjoern (04/02/2006 10:52)