I believe that the DC14 comes with features that the DC07 doesn't like the telescope reach wand.

You are zeroing in on it, I think -- but the differences between the two are more subtle than I can discern from watching the flash animations on their website. Oh, wait -- it looks like they used part of the DC14 animation in the DC07 flash, makes it a bit misleading. I think it boils down to this: The DC14 has a longer metal wand tucked into the hose than does the DC07. They both claim to extend to 17 feet, however. If that is the case, I would prefer the DC07. That long wand is actually somewhat awkward to use. I know this because...

I borrowed a Dyson DC14 last weekend, and it was astonishing. I literally filled one of those plastic grocery bags with stuff that my regular vacuum cleaner had left behind in the carpet. Had to empty the Dyson twice by the time the job was done. Difficult to use on stairs, though, because the long extension wand made it difficult to get the attachment angled properly on the stair tread -- had to stand back/down about six stairs and hold it up high to make proper contact.

tanstaafl.