Finally installed "for real" the empeg into my new jeep. Im pretty satisfied, but I have some seemingly strange behavior...

#1 - I synched with emplode at home a few times, and that all went fine. But the day before the "real" install I synched with jemplode here at work (v444) and ever since the player does "rebuilding databases" on startup. I've tried unsucessfully a number of times to re-synch, it always seems to hang on "remounting disks", just sits there forever (hours). Player seems to work OK tho.

#2 - Running 3A11, The player is powered normally, constant power through the yellow wire, Ignition sense on the other power wire. I checked for sure. When I start the car, the empeg boots just fine and works. However when I power it off via the front button (long press) it goes off and will not power on until I pull the unit and reseat it. It also doesnt seem to go to "sleep" when powered off, it goes OFF (no flashing LED). Any ideas? I did recently re-flash to A11 (from A7) and added Hijack (wasnt using before).

#3 - Radio mode: Is there a way to tune the tuner one "step" at a time without the remote? I.e. scan VS seek? Seek works well, but doesnt always stop where I want. I guess I'll have them all in presets soon, so not a big deal.

#4 - Radio mode again (its new to me). Seems in order to get the clock to display (I lost my only clock in the stock radio - never thoguht of that!) I have to choose the clock visuals? If I do (via visuals menu) how do I get back to the radio display? And is there a "plain simple digital clock" visual with no moing stars background? It might be sacralege, but I honestly usually use Info: Track and the non-fancy visuals.

#5 - I think I found this in the FAQ, not sure how it work tho. Is there a way to get the clock to display in player mode too? And is it sticky? Maybe a neat hijack option would be to superimpose a real simple clock ( ##:##) over the main display ALL the time (like lower right or something). Or maybe I'll just have to get a stick-on clock for my car (heheh)

Thanks for ALL the help. Oh, and it sounds just fine feeding the 4v preamp outs into the stock infinity amp as-is. I might just return the OEM-2.

Jeff