In Sept. my Valentine One was stolen from my WRX, parked out on the street in front of my apartment. I know... stupid of me to leave it mounted in the first place. Thing was, they rifled through the car, pulled the rear seats down, and took nothing else. Left my two JL Audio amps under the seat, 10" sub in an easily removable box, skateboard in the back, a tool kit, and various other mostly worthless items. I figured they just did a quick look through and didn't see the amps, and couldn't get to the sub because my kite buggy was sorta on top of it. Had my empeg inside of course, so they didn't get that. THE KICKER - no broken glass. No punched locks. No signs of forced entry period. Great.

Yesterday, I got that same sick feeling as I walked up to my car and saw things laying on my seat that I know I didn't leave there. This time they took the JL amps, and ripped out my ash tray for no reason whatsoever, and again left everything else, pretty much the same stuff was in the car last time (minus the V1 which now comes inside with me in the empeg bag), but strewn about. No signs of forced entry.

So I'm left with the conclusion that they'll be back for my sub at some point, and that there's not shite I can do about it. I never paid to have an alarm installed on this car because I couldn't afford it, and they are more of an annoyance with false alarms and whatnot that no one pays attention to anyway. While I have a feeling it wouldn't deter these thieves, that's now looking like a mistake.

WHAT DO I DO?! I'm seriously contemplating whether or not I should just put the stock radio back in, get some sort of iPod Aux in, remove the sub and be done with it. I just can't get over the feeling that they can just get whatever they want whenever they want out of my car because it must be incredibly easy to slim jim, or they have a roaming remote unlocker. I can't afford a super amazing alarm nor a super stealthy welded to the frame install. This sucks.