*This doubles as a "Wish List" entry too*

Just curious if anyone is undertaking a GPS project. I have an Earthmate receiver kicking around and would LOVE to put it to use on something other than my Palm.

I'm not thinking huge navigation project... I am just thinking some information on the bottom line of the display... speed, altitude, heading, maybe an odometer/tripmeter. Then growing into perhaps Lat/Long waypoints and distance/bearing info, and on and on.

Hey! With Lat/Long waypoints, perhaps there would be a way to cue the empeg to play a file once you'e within a distance of it. Record your directions to a file, when you near the waypoint, the player interrupts your music to bring you a prerecorded note.

Imagine inputting your in-law's or ex's house as a "waypoint", and when the player senses you're within 200 feet of it, have it start playing the Imperial March from Star Wars (or something equally sinister)

If I had any programming experience whatsoever, I would debate tackling it, but when it comes to code, I simply use the end results, I don't make it.

Of course, I could be speaking the (almost) impossible.

Can't wait to see what the independant developers and enthusiasts will come up with next!

-Germ

---- - --- - --- - -- -- - - - - - -
greggerm 09000991