When you post a message of your own to the bbs, that subject line will be flagged with a "new" tag, even though your message is the only new message there.

Actually, I think that's a bug in this version of the BBS software. There are some quirks/bugs with the "new" flag that I've noticed. I've learned to work around them, but I wish that the BBS software hadn't changed from free to fee, so it could be upgraded to fix the bugs. Of all the web-based BBS's I've seen, this is my favorite one as far as layout and functionality are concerned. It would be nice if it could be upgraded- how much do they want for it again? If it's not too much, I'd pitch in.

My work around for that particular bug is: When it offers to "view your post", click on it before the timeout sends you back to the parent message. Then, after you've read your post, click on the orange "up arrow" button to navigate back to the top of that section. If you do that, your post doesn't show up as new.

In fact, most of my workarounds involve navigating via that "up arrow" button. It seems as though the BBS designers expected everyone to use it or something. :-)

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144