Ive been on the look- out for an empeg for over a year, now i finally got one and i cant use it at all. I get the screen message "Hard disk not found contact support".

I've read the FAQ (almost everything), opened the emeg as described, checked all connectors, everything seems fine, as the previous owner had no problems with it either, i can ony asume it got damaged by the transport or I'm doing something wrong.

I DLed the recommended emploder, the nessessary upgrade files, run XP SP 2 on my machines. I connected the empeg by USB and serial port, on 2 different PC's and a Laptop, nothing.
the empeg doesnt get recognized by the emploder or any other software for that matter.
Now as i had the empeg open and and had everything tightend down (pressing down the cables going to the 2 hard drives) it didnt give me the message for a while, but still as soon as I had it closed again, same thing over.

Like I said I've checked everything according to the FAQ for this case...

Both hard drives spin when the empeg is powered up!

Is there someting im missing?

Oops, forgot to mention: its a Mk2. I have no idea what software is on it (if at all) as I never got past the error message...

Edited by OpInfo (08/07/2006 21:20)