On the contrary when not listening to music (50% of the time) I listen to talk radio. There are 3 main stations I listen to, and they're 1-3 on the Dension. When visiting my mother or my wife's parents I have the local radio stations there on 4 and 5.

The buttons on the left are primarily volume and navigation. They're pretty much essential. Other buttons are to do with setup/sound/display options.

All in, I have found the DH100ix to be very simple and quick to use. More buttons mean less button presses.

The Dension site says the DH100ix has been discontinued, but then again so is the empeg.

In 5 years when the DH100ix stops working (my 12 year old Pioneer HU is still going stong), there'll be something else on the market, in this the age of throw-away consumer goods.

What it all comes down to for me is that the empeg requires more than just a single DIN slot. If it could do everything I require in a simple single DIN headunit, I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. Note how there are galleries of people's empeg installs, and how they've mounted/hidden amps, tuners etc. Meanwhile DH100ix installs go un-noticed... That speaks volumes by itself.

The only problem with the DH100ix has been the dead lines in the display which is fairly well documented. It took 10 mins to fix. About as long as it it did to install a 30GB drive into my empeg.