Dreamhost is failing me, especially with email. I don't enjoy missing emails and my customers don't enjoy it either - especially when the email they're waiting for includes a registration file for something they've just bought.

I have redundancy with my online ordering thankfully. Each order generates a record with the payment gateway (PayPal in this instance), gets logged to a database on the server (which I dont have a nice UI for yet). I also get an email directly from PayPal about the transaction and generate a CC of the license email that goes to the customer. So for every order I expect 2 emails to come in to my mailboxes.

So many times the license ones don't come through and I'm stuck manually forwarding them. And every now and then a license will come through and I won't get the notification from PayPal.

Of course this doesn't touch on the number of times the whole POP/SMTP server has been down completely in the past 2 months nor that every now and then when I send mail it gets bounced because the receiver's server says the Dreamhost IP is blacklisted for 24 hours by Spamcop.

I'd love to transition everything over to a new host. Some requirements:

Some type of Shell access (through SSH)
A decent control panel for managing email addresses and other configuration stuff.
At least 1TB of bandwidth per month.
Can't break the bank. I think Dreamhost was $150 for the year or so.
Fast backbone connections (yes more than one required)

When I'm ready for something like dedicated or co-located I'll do that, but right now I'm just looking for shared hosting with decent performance and more all-around up-time than Dreamhost. I can't afford dedicated hosting at this time and I don't think the demands of our site require it in the least right now.

Any recommendations?