Hey, didn't know about the firewire option. Excellent idea. Hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, I've got a firewire enclosure I'm not using, and some extra 3.5" disks.

Found some video of the putty knife thing, so yeah, she's all opened up.

I just happened to have a 40-gig laptop hard disk lying around that I was saving as a backup for the Empeg. I'm seeing if it'll work in this thing. I'm on disk two of the installation. We'll see how it goes.

I really want to scream to the rafters and post in my LJ about how terrible Apple is, how their hardware is crap, they don't stand by their products, don't honor their warranties, and their sanctimonious holier-than-thou TV ads are a cover-up for a truly black, evil, core.

But I decided not to.

1. I have a good friend who works at Apple... he might stop giving me tech support for Logic Audio if I did.

2. My web site gets googled by prospective employers, and I don't want them to see that kind of negativity.

I also restrained myself from making a scene in the Apple Store tonight. It was pretty crowded, I could have scared off a handful of potential buyers. But again, didn't.

SIGH.

Anyway, wish me luck with the new hard disk.