I think a lot of us are really waiting for this to happen, where the Empeg is a closed-source but open-function platform. Where we don't necessarily need to have the player's source to customize it. It's a shame, because after peering through the kernel code, it's quite clear that there are some very talented programmers working on the Empeg's platform. But they seem to be focusing on delivering a stable and feature-filled platform, and focusing less on things like user customization. Because 1.1 is a totally new baseline, I think that we'll start to see these customization features appear in subsequent versions... Which makes me wonder why they don't just say "the Hell with it" and call it 2.0.

Anyway, as someone who develops software for a living, I can TOTALLY understand the dilemma. Sometimes, the customer has to hold off on new feature requests while the software gets stabilized and perfected. But once that happens, I'll be the first @$$hole customer waiting for all those new bells and whistles. :)

-Tony
MkII #554