My girlfriend just went into a Big O Tires and had them look at her car. She called before she went and asked if they could look at something for her and if there would be any charge. The guy said yes and no charge. She was there and specifically told the guy to not do any work and just to look at it. She again asked if it would be free. He said yes. He checked her car and said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He said that it might be about a pint low on coolant and topped that off. The manager then proceeded to charge her 48 dollars. She had to put it on her credit card and she called me upset. She said that she did tell him that the other guy had said that there would be no charge. He said "Company policy ma'am. I can remove the charge if you come in and get the problem fixed." She said "What problem?" The service guy hadn't told her about any problems. The problem in question was a suggestion to get one of the coolant hoses replaced.

All that leads to my question. She couldn't just walk out without paying the guy and she didn't have the money on her. She had to put it on her credit card and she doesn't agree with having to pay it. What options does she have? BBB? Dispute the charge with her credit card provider? Be more assertive?