Quote:
Quote:
I need to buy an umbrella.

I've only been to Portland once, and after a week or so in the relentlessly nice weather of California, it was very relaxing to arrive in Portland in a slightly chilly drizzle.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that rain, too. Rain is what makes things green, and I'm sick of the brown and gray (if it's not parched, it's paved) that is Los Angeles.

Oddly enough, while packing the moving truck in LA, it rained, but the entire drive up to Portland, and the unloading too, had perfect sunny skies.

Quote:
I think of all the places I've enjoyed visiting in the US (Austin TX, bay area, New Orleans, Philadelphia, New York, Honolulu), Portland is the only one where I could even imagine living. (Well, maybe Philadelphia in second place.)

I haven't been to most of those places, except the bay area. But I'll add Kansas City, MO, San Antonio, Detroit, and Los Angeles. Portland felt like home even while I was just being driven around looking for an apartment to live in. I haven't been there more than 4 days total, yet.