Greetings!

From all of the previous discussion, I think the empeg car / RioCar is still intended to be the audiophile, "top of the line" product. I would expect that Rio / SB / Empeg would be targeting new products to fit the lower cost niche that the Neo 35 has. Probably something with a much lower price point, but without the features or extendability we enjoy so much! By pure speculation [ read this as "guess" ], I would think it would be a single 3.5" hard drive, no shock mount, no developer kernal applicance with the playlist features of the empeg car, but not as much "intelligence" [ no search, no developer kernal, no add-on applications, probably everything in ROM or firmware, no emplode - just Windows folders, no linux support, etc. Rob - can you tell me if I am close??? :) ]

Also, I would think that any new and expanded features would be added on the RioCar / empeg car first, and would then be fitted into the later releases [ or more probably new models ] of the lower end product as they became cheaper to implement. Meaning that we would probably be the first to see any new "fun toys" that the folks at Empeg Ltd. are working on. If you already own an empeg car / Rio Car, I would guess that the new product would actually be a step down - cheaper, but less functionality.

Just a guess... Comments???

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)