In reply to:

I'm not near my linux box or my empeg at the moment to verify this, but I believe you need the libc6 developers package. You can get the arm version here. Using dpkg to install it should put everything where it needs to be (which, IIRC, is /usr/include for the header files). I'm pretty sure this sounds right, but I won't know for sure till I get home.

Thanks Bill. I actually installed the ordinary libc6 as the developer version depended on it and it put all the required headers into the correct place. I then managed to compile and run the test program without any trouble.

One more question. I run GCC from the chroot environment but I have to exit that as it does not have a /dev/display device. Is it posibble to set it up to run GCC in the normal root environment or somehow make a /dev/display device for the chroot environment?

Thanks to those who replied with rm -rf for "deltree." This woked a treat. Thanks again Bill. This has now got me thinking of all the wonderful things I could program on it!! Or not

ChrisTall
That really is my name!