I want to buy my parents a wireless digital photo frame for Christmas. It seems like a great way for me and my brothers to be able to share our photos with them (my Mum is always complaining that she doesn't have enough photos of the family).

I'm guessing there are empegers out there who have researched this already, so I thought I'd "rub the lamp" as tonyc put it.

- must be very, very simple to use day to day (my Mum doesn't get on with technology, ideally she should never have to touch it)
- must be able to be pointed at my own RSS feed (or equivalent) on my own server
- must be able to cope with the Internet connection disappearing for days at a time (my Dad turns his router off when he isn't going to be using it)
- needs to keep displaying photos when the Internet connection is down (either by showing photos it has downloading before or falling back to a memory card)
- needs to be as big and have as high a resolution as possible
- needs to be available in the UK

Nice to have features:

- it would be handy if it could download from more than one RSS feed (would simplify me and my brothers pushing photos to it)
- 3:2 aspect ratio

Edited by andy (02/11/2007 18:02)