I've got a Xerox 6110N (also known as a Samsung CLP-300N). It's a color laser network printer. Got it six months ago. Works great.

I just upgraded to Leopard (10.5) and have all the latest Apple updates.

Guess what? I can't print to my printer any more. Of all the 10.5 annoyances, this one tops the charts. Neither Samsung nor Xerox appear to have updated their web site.

What happens: if I try adding the printer, it sees it right away via Bonjour. It didn't find a default driver for it. There was a driver for "Xerox Phaser 6120" and there was also a driver for "Phaser 6110" (no "N", and no "Xerox"). When I try printing a page, I get:
Quote:
Attempting to connect to host _ for printer
Network host " is busy; will retry in 25 seconds

That underscore represents what looks, to my eyes, to be a double space.

I've tried with the Samsung drivers, from Samsung's web site. I've tried with the Xerox 6120 driver, which I assume might be close enough to just work. Everything ultimately gives the same problem: the computer is not succeeding in connecting to the printer. I verified that my (Windows-based) laptop has no trouble speaking to the printer.

EDIT: I decided that Bonjour must be deeply confused (even though it used to work fine). I followed the manual's setup instructions, which talk about using "IP Printing" via "Socket/HP Jet Direct" and lo and behold the thing works! Moral of the story: say goodbye to Bonjour.

(And don't even get me started griping about how Apple's Spaces manages to fall far short of the mark and simultaneously broke the third-party virtual desktop system I'd been using that worked just fine, thank you.)