Originally Posted By: drakino
I was actually in the audience of The Screen Savers when Leo was there wrapping up his final Call for Help on Tech TV. He's a great guy, and was interacting with the audience on a random whim. At that point he wasn't on TSS, and was pretty much on his way out due to the G4 situation.

He does seem like a good guy (I only met him at a signing in Maryland at the end of the TSS days), although sometimes when I listen to his podcasts I think he's a bit behind the times on some issues, and other times he betrays some of his own quirkiness (I particularly like the episode of TWiT where he admits that he censored Bambi for his kids so that they didn't see Bambi's mom get killed - what's the point of the movie then?). Thanks for the additional info on the TechTV transitions. That was a real mess when G4 took over. I always thought TechTV's content was a little weak, but could have been fleshed out to make a real network. Too bad G4 is a steaming pile.

As for other podcasts, The Totally Rad Show is on the Revision 3 network, which is sort of the vidcast equivalent of Leo's audio-only TWiT network (Leo is a radio guy, so he prefers audio-only). Rev3 doesn't really have the type of shows you're looking for, though. They're less informational than entertainment. I think it's doing well, though, and I already think they have more good programming than TechTV did (two good shows beats G4).