I just got a bluetooth mouse to go with my work laptop. The work laptop is a Compaq 6910p and the mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000.

I got the Microsoft one specifically because it was the only one on the shelf at Staples that actually used Bluetooth. Thus allowing me to use the built-in bluetooth radio on the laptop, instead of having to use one of those USB dongles to connect the mouse. It's good, it works.

Anyway, I have noticed that when I am downloading a large file from the intertubes, or doing a big netbios file copy across the network, the mouse movement is jerky. When it's done with the copy or download, all is fine.

My guess is that the following is happening: The 6910p has some sort of limitation where its bluetooth radio and its built-in wireless radio share an IRQ or a DMA or some other magical hardware TLA that I don't entirely understand how they work under windows. So the OS has to swap back and forth between the two items (bluetooth and wireless) to get its job done.

Does that sound like a likely scenario?

I can't verify this because I can't seem to find any "Resources" tab for the bluetooth radio in the device manager.

What other ways can I look this up? Anyone have any ideas?