Hi everyone! Whoa the bbs looks different! smile

I'm on the hunt for a new mp3 player and figured you guys would be the experts on it. The one feature that I'm really hungry for is something that the empeg had from day 1: Auto-resume even after a sync. I've been Googling for this, but it's one of those features that people don't ask for because they've never had it. Not much has turned up in my search.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and will load like 20 - 30 tracks at a time. They are all from the same podcast with each track being one "hour" of the broadcast. I already have to load them into a software and re-tag them with track numbers to get them to play in order. What I'd love to do is be able to add tracks to the player and remove old ones without waiting until I get to the end of a 30 minute track to do so. It's like my timing needs to be "just right" in order to arrive at home and not be in the middle of a podcast.

It doesn't matter to me if the play list is even resumed. I can queue it up again and skip to where I need to be. But I hate fast-forwarding 15 minutes into a track to resume.

Other than that, I'd prefer something rugged, flash memory (no hard drive!) and 2gb or larger. Right now, I use a Sansa m240 by SanDisk and love it. The buttons are large so I can control it blindly without looking and it was cheap enough that if I crush it at work - no worries! I got it for $50 and don't mind if it lasts only 1 year (2 so far!).

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (03/03/2008 23:38)