nwcr,

I apologize for the erroneous information I gave to you the first time, and I didn't realize that you would be using it in a car that wasn't yours. I myself have an FM modulator that I purchased from Tiger Software (here in the US) for approx. $40. I know it wasn't cheap, and to tell you the truth, the sound isn't that good. It's basically a little black twinkie that is powered by 2 AA batteries, tunes from 88.9 to 91.1, and can broadcast stereo or mono. Tuning it can be a royal pain, but once that's done, it works fairly well. The sound (in stereo mode) is nowhere near the quality of a CD player (in my opinion), but even has to be used in mono mode most of the time because there is much more background static with the stereo mode selected. This little thing is called a "CD-FM," but I don't really think it's worth the money at all. If you can swing it, I would definitely say get a tape adapter, they seem to sound better, are *much* less finicky (although some newer cars with auto-reverse decks, esp. JBL's seem to keep flipping the tape and not grabbing the signal). I got one at RadShack for $5-10, and use that all the time rather than the CD-FM. If you are planning on using this in a car without a tape deck...hmm, not sure about that...an FM transmitter might be your only solution. Try asking Dominic from Cambridge Car Audio, he might have an idea, and he's certainly got more experience with this than me.

Festus