Ok, I decided what ring I'd get for myself, bought it two weeks ago and it just arrived today.

I bought this tungsten ring: http://www.escapesdesign.com/rings/tungsten/ctungsten_ring_007.html

It's just as nice in person as it looks in the photo. Very nice weight to it as well.

Now time for my disappointment. The company, Escapes Design is located in Quebec and bills themselves as designers of jewelry, both in title and in their company bio. I was under the impression these rings were designed and made by them, here in Canada.

The FedEx shipment was drop-shipped from Hong Kong. The ring is made by a company called "coi" - doing an internet search brings up a number of other retailers selling the same ring for $99. I paid $225.

I'm a little ticked off because if the ring had been advertised as a "coi" design I would have found the other retailers and have been able to make a more informed decision. I have no problem with retailers setting their own prices, but I can't help feel I was a little burned here.