I have a newish (two months old I think) laptop that came installed with Vista Home Premium. My router is a Hawking Tech that I haven't had problems with, other devices connect wirelessly without a problem (for the most part, the PS3 was even a pain in the ass to get connected wired). Last night was the first time I tried to connect the laptop to the network wirelessly and I had all kinds of problems. No matter what I tried, Vista complained that it couldn't connect because of the incorrect network password.

I checked the password on a wired computer, retyped it a few times, and verified it in clear text both on the router and on the laptop. I tried the different security protocols, WPA2 (both AES and TKIP(?)), WPA, and even WEP. Everytime Vista said it couldn't connect because of the incorrect password. I went through and created the connection manually specifying the security protocol and got the same result.

Wondering if there was an issue with the signal (even though it was listed as 'good' on the WiFi Catcher), I brought out the iPod Touch, told it to forget my network, and then proceeded to set it up and type in the same password as on the laptop and it connected without any issues.

Checking Google I found one other result that sounded similar, but the thread was teaching the original poster (CubsGirl or something) the difference between the router password and the wireless password. Has anybody seen this before or have any suggestions I haven't tried?

Thanks for any advice!
Tim