I got it a week ago and spent now some time with it. It's a nice device, which still can't compare with the Empeg feature set, but it is pleasant to use, overall. Nicely built, it is quite light and thin, IMO.

Now, some issues I had and could not address by reading manuals and tech support:

1. Why doesn't the Album name scroll?!
2. How do I show the other file tags? Hopefully they're not only accessible on iTunes...
3. iTunes: it really improved since last time i tried it, but I still don't particularly like it. Is there a way to make it monitor my HHD media directory, so that Music Base is automatically updated when I lounch it, or when I tell it to update itself? I see it stores some files and db in %userhomedir%\music\iTunes . Is it possible to change that? I can't remember the sw asking me at install time, and I can't find anywhere I can change that location. I did actually find what looked like the right setting to change, but nothing happened when I changed it.
What would you recommend if I wanted to use some other iPod manager that runs in Windows which in particular could monitor a HDD directory where I keep my music collection, and disregard all other music in my HDD?

4. Now, is it me, or the headset output has a quite low audio quality? I am using quite expensive Sennheizer in-ear headset, and I really think the quality is low. I realize I do not have a dock yet, which supposedly provides a line output that will hopefully allow me to use the iPod as my main MP3 player in the house, but still when walking I'd like some better sound experience. This really disappoints me. Especially now that Zune 120 just hit the market.

Edited by taym (07/11/2008 22:43)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg